Easy Walnut Fudge
I’m a sucker for almost any kind of fudge but my favorite is a classic chocolate with walnuts. I remember growing up and someone would always bring some on Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was always the same fudge and there would be some. It never lasted long and there were never any leftovers. It was probably for the best though because I could eat that stuff until I got sick it was so good. Nothing has really changed for me when it comes to that! I never thought to try and make my own until recently.
This Easy Walnut Fudge is the easiest and quickest fudge I have ever made! It takes longer for it to set than it does to make. Which that is probably the hardest part. It seems like it takes forever to firm up so you can eat it. I sent some to work with my husband and at first everyone was complaining about sending in sweets because they were watching their weight but after they tried it I was then asked to send more! It literally is that good. The rest didn’t last long at my house and I plan to make some again soon. This would make for a great gift too, just put it in a little goodie box and tie a bow around it!
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 32 oz bag Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnuts
- Line baking dish with wax paper. You can use whatever size you would like depending on how thick you want your fudge to be. The larger the pan the thinner it will be. I used a 14×10 baking dish.
- Mix powdered sugar and cocoa powder in large bowl until well blended.
- Add milk and butter to your sugar and cocoa mix.
- Microwave on high until butter is completely melted.
- Quickly stir together your milk and butter into your sugar and cocoa until completely blended.
- Add in 1 cup of walnuts and your 2 Tbsp of vanilla and mix.
- Pour your mixture into your baking dish while its still warm and sprinkle on your remaining walnuts on top.
- Place into refrigerator until fully set, cut into squares and serve.