Grilled Chicken Soft Tacos with Spiced Mayo and Avocado Salsa
You will need skewers for this recipe.
For the Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 tsp grated lime zest
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp hot sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup mayo
Juice from 1 lime
For the Avocado Salsa
2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
3 green onions, minced
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp hot sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
8 flour tortillas
- Preheat grill to medium heat, about 350 to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the lime zest, 1/4 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
Place the chicken pieces into the bowl and toss to combine until evenly coated with the seasonings.
Thread the chicken and onion onto skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp hot sauce, and the remaining 1/4 tsp cumin.
Stir in water, 1 tsp at a time, until the mixture can be drizzled.
- In another bowl, toss together the salsa ingredients and season with salt to taste.
- Brush the skewers with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill directly over the heat, covered, for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 minutes. While you’re waiting, lightly grill the tortillas for 1 to 2 minutes to warm, turning once. Slide the chicken and onions off the skewers onto a large platter, and let everyone dish up!